Monday, October 5, 2009

10/5/2009

11:47pm

Sometimes I forget where I am,
So I open the map
And make all the boundaries disappear,
All the man made distinctions
Between here and there.
I look at the land,
The ocean,
Dark green forests,
Blue creeping rivers,
Cities, towns.
I see from an eye far above,
Looking down,
And I am here
Watching myself watch,
Breathing this particular air
Infused with the salt of the sea,
Hearing the wind crackle through the leaves.
Who was here before?
Whose land was this before
Land was owned and divided
Severed from the earth?

I think I remember.

1 Comments:

Blogger maura.mccaw said...

I'm really glad to see all this. It's wonderfully articulated and expressive. As you write do you know what you think when you see what you say? Keep going with this; it does matter. MKM

October 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home